Are you thinking about listing your home? Getting ready for listing photographs? Maybe you have a showing and are wondering what will present your home in the best possible way… If this sounds like you then read on for some staging tips that will help sell your home fast.
- Keep it simple: When someone walks into your home they want to be able to imagine it as their own. That means you should remove most knickknacks and personal photographs allowing room for the buyer to imagine their own items around the room.
- Show off the space: You want every room to appear as big as possible so remove any oversized furniture items that don’t fit the space well.
- Make the kitchen appeal to a chef: Clear off the counters, people want to see a big usable space to work with. Leave only a few essentials that can multi task as décor (think nicely set up coffee station or recipe book on stand).
- CLEAN: I know this one seems obvious, but nothing can turn off a buyer faster than a dirty/smelly house. Take the extra time to wipe down things like window sills, appliances, and floors if needed. Make the beds and organize your closets. Take out the garbage. Check the toilets (especially if you have kids!)
- Make a good first impression: A lot of buyers will drive past a home for sale before even making the viewing appointment. Make sure your home looks inviting and cared for. Mow the lawn, tidy up the gardens, remove any junk or trash from the property, pressure wash any siding or porches that look grimy.
- Create a warm feel: This one is just for showings, if you have people coming through your home you need to ensure the home is a nice temperature, make it as bright as you can and put some ambient music on in the background.